One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A romantic relationship between two people who live far apart and so are unable to meet on a frequent basis.‘staying in touch is the key to surviving a long-distance relationship’
- ‘The key to making long-distance relationships work is to talk honestly and openly about how you feel.’
- ‘I don't know if I can handle one of these long-distance relationships.’
- ‘Long-distance relationships need a sense of sacrifice but on a different level.’
- ‘We both agreed on a long-distance relationship for the sake for economic stability in the future.’
- ‘I know we're strong enough for a long-distance relationship.’
- ‘I was going through a heartbreaking long-distance relationship with her.’
- ‘Okay, I'm lying: I couldn't handle a long-distance relationship.’
- ‘Celine avoids intimacy, preferring long-distance relationships, while Jesse describes his marriage as 'running a small nursery with someone I used to date'.’
- ‘He hadn't tried to stop me from leaving or even mention an attempt at making a long-distance relationship work.’
- ‘He lived five hours away, so we had a long-distance relationship.’
- ‘My first guess from second-hand experience of long-distance relationships is that he's met someone else.’
- ‘The joys of a long-distance relationship with a military man!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.