Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having been hoped for or expected for a long time.‘their long-awaited debut album’
- ‘The Council hope to open the long-awaited motor taxation office there in mid-April.’
- ‘Last week's long-awaited victory also served to boost the hope that the Wasps might be able to compete in this game.’
- ‘Their spokesman Graeme Frall said he hoped the long-awaited development would go ahead in 2004.’
- ‘The couple plan to take a long-awaited honeymoon to Cuba in April.’
- ‘He hopes that the long-awaited transatlantic challenge again will bring out the best in him.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.