Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having been hoped for or expected for a long time.‘their long-awaited debut album’
- ‘He hopes that the long-awaited transatlantic challenge again will bring out the best in him.’
- ‘The couple plan to take a long-awaited honeymoon to Cuba in April.’
- ‘The Council hope to open the long-awaited motor taxation office there in mid-April.’
- ‘Their spokesman Graeme Frall said he hoped the long-awaited development would go ahead in 2004.’
- ‘Last week's long-awaited victory also served to boost the hope that the Wasps might be able to compete in this game.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.