Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A programming-language symbol that denotes a logical operation.
- ‘The moral of the story is that you should type very carefully when using logical operators in statements.’
- ‘His ingenious idea was to treat the individual statements, like P and Q above, as variables and to define the logical operators as mathematical operations, similar to addition and multiplication.’
- ‘Fault trees use logical operators called gates.’
- ‘A query was defined as a set of one or more search terms; it may include advanced search features, such as logical operators and modifiers.’
- ‘Engines like Alta Vista use logical operators (also known incorrectly as Boolean operators) which many users do not fully exploit.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.