One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A programming-language symbol that denotes a logical operation.
- ‘A query was defined as a set of one or more search terms; it may include advanced search features, such as logical operators and modifiers.’
- ‘His ingenious idea was to treat the individual statements, like P and Q above, as variables and to define the logical operators as mathematical operations, similar to addition and multiplication.’
- ‘The moral of the story is that you should type very carefully when using logical operators in statements.’
- ‘Engines like Alta Vista use logical operators (also known incorrectly as Boolean operators) which many users do not fully exploit.’
- ‘Fault trees use logical operators called gates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.