One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of instructions secretly incorporated into a program so that if a particular condition is satisfied they will be carried out, usually with harmful effects.
- ‘In addition, in cases where a virus contains a time or logic bomb, sandboxing is rarely successful.’
- ‘Computer crimes, such as embezzlement or planting of logic bombs, are normally committed by trusted personnel who have permission to use the computer system.’
- ‘Additionally, it would urge vendors to maintain a secure development environment, and to probe their products for backdoors and logic bombs before shipping.’
- ‘Worm attacks, domain-name high-jacking, logic bombs, mail bombs and Trojan horses have all been utilized by hackers, but now denial-of-service attacks are gnawing away at the Internet's soft underbelly.’
- ‘That can mean stealing information, destroying files, or virtually shutting down an entire company through the use of a Trojan horse or logic bomb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.