One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting a set of data in which the logarithm of the variate is distributed according to a normal distribution.
- ‘We have also confirmed the fits by checking the Quantile-Quantile plots for log-normal and normal distributions.’
- ‘Hence, the development of log-normal weight frequency distributions is not proof of competitive interactions between plants.’
- ‘For complex situations, the distributions will be log-normal, or even bimodal.’
- ‘We also tested a normal distribution for our data, but found the log-normal distribution of error had a better fit on the data than the normal distribution.’
- ‘As a result, the exposures do not follow a normal distribution but generally follow a log-normal distribution covering a wide range of exposures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.