Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting a graph or graph paper having or using a logarithmic scale along both axes.
- ‘The basic results were found to be invariant across different functional forms, including linear, log-log, and log-linear specifications.’
- ‘The original scale and a log-log scale are shown.’
- ‘Note that this log-log plot shows an almost straight line between peer 10 and peer 5,000.’
- ‘The inset shows the same distribution on a log-log scale.’
- ‘An approximately linear relationship was observed on a log-log scale.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.