Denoting a graph or graph paper having or using a logarithmic scale along both axes.
- ‘An approximately linear relationship was observed on a log-log scale.’
- ‘The inset shows the same distribution on a log-log scale.’
- ‘The original scale and a log-log scale are shown.’
- ‘The basic results were found to be invariant across different functional forms, including linear, log-log, and log-linear specifications.’
- ‘Note that this log-log plot shows an almost straight line between peer 10 and peer 5,000.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.