One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A plant of the pea family that can cause a brain disorder if eaten by livestock, the symptoms of which include unpredictable behavior and loss of coordination.
Genus Astragalus (and Oxytropis), family Leguminosae
- ‘Ralphs et al. suggested no difference in locoweed consumption between native cattle and cattle introduced to locoweed under natural grazing conditions.’
- ‘The locoweed site was selected based on dense and uniform concentration of white locoweed.’
- ‘For instance, cattle could be averted to locoweed or known eaters could be removed and placed in locoweed-free areas to prevent social facilitation.’
- ‘Rocky summit species include the rather rare Huddleson's locoweed, a three-to-four-inch-tall, hairy white plant that produces pink-to-purple flowers and oversize seed pods.’
- ‘Bite count data were analyzed by totaling the number of bites of cool season grasses, warm season grasses, forbs, and locoweed per day and calculating a percentage of each.’
2US informal Cannabis.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.