One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to locomotion.‘locomotor organs’
- ‘In contrast to fish myomeres, the axial locomotor muscles of dolphins are organized into longitudinal tracts as is typical of mammals.’
- ‘Movement in a rectilinear manner decreases the resistive forces associated with the locomotor activity and minimizes the distance traveled.’
- ‘The labroid fishes are pectoral fin locomotor specialists and a model for examining fin-based swimming.’
- ‘Activation of the dentate gyrus may merely reflect the intensity of the locomotor activity after the animals have already decided how intensely they want to run.’
- ‘We would be remiss not to reiterate that plants and animals differ, of course, in many ways other than in behavioral and locomotor capacities.’
Early 19th century: from locomotion + motor.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.