Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A complete locking system, including knobs, plates, and a locking mechanism, especially for a door.
- ‘The mortise lockset is the most secure locking mechanism for a door.’
- ‘They are available in models for simple bike locks, locksets and heavy-duty use.’
- ‘A deadbolt lock backs up a lockset on entry doors to provide maximum security.’
- ‘There are 5 exterior doors and 2 garage doors that require these locksets.’
- ‘Slabs are doors without mortises for hinges or holes drilled for locksets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.