Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A visual interface on a computer or mobile phone which is available before the user has entered a passcode or otherwise activated the full functionality of the device.‘a security flaw enabled users to bypass the lock screen’
- ‘Remember that only six widget lock screens are supported.’
- ‘There's also a camera shortcut placed in the lower right corner of the lock screen.’
- ‘Manufacturers love customizing their phone's lock screens.’
- ‘Displaying such information in the lock screen overrides privacy measures.’
- ‘You can pay more to get additional storage or to get rid of ads that come on the tablets' lock screens.’
- ‘You can change the greeting on the lock screen by hitting the edit button.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.