One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A visual interface on a computer or mobile phone which is available before the user has entered a passcode or otherwise activated the full functionality of the device.‘a security flaw enabled users to bypass the lock screen’
- ‘You can change the greeting on the lock screen by hitting the edit button.’
- ‘There's also a camera shortcut placed in the lower right corner of the lock screen.’
- ‘Remember that only six widget lock screens are supported.’
- ‘Displaying such information in the lock screen overrides privacy measures.’
- ‘Manufacturers love customizing their phone's lock screens.’
- ‘You can pay more to get additional storage or to get rid of ads that come on the tablets' lock screens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.