One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The lobopodium of an onychophoran.
- ‘For an initial evaluation of the genetic diversity of this species, DNA samples from the lobopods of four individuals, collected at random, were analyzed using RAPD.’
- ‘For example, they have between 14-43 pairs of ‘legs’ known as lobopods, much like the false legs of a caterpillar.’
- 1.1 An onychophoran.as modifier ‘a lobopod animal’
- ‘The living lobopods include the land-dwelling Peripatus, which has legs and a number of characteristics reminiscent of arthropods.’
- ‘Onychophora, also known as velvet worms or lobopods, are considered segmented and close relatives of the Arthropoda.’
- ‘Cambropodus gracilis is tentatively included between lobopods and higher Uniramia.’
- ‘There were several different lineages of lobopods and proto-arthropods, including large carnivorous swimming forms like Anomalocaris and Kerygmachela, as well as smaller crawling types.’
- ‘By the same reasoning, putative lobopods in the Sirius Passet biota and putative deuterostomes in the Chengiang biota are better interpreted as arthropods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.