One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting a lobe, especially a whole lobe of a lung.
- ‘Dysanaptic growth could potentially impose a functional limit after therapeutic intervention such as pediatric lobar lung transplant.’
- ‘The chest radiograph among persons with advanced HIV infection and pulmonary TB, for example, might have lower lobe and lobar infiltrates, hilar adenopathy, or interstitial infiltrates.’
- ‘It may be extensive and cover a whole lobe or whole lung and obliterate lobar fissures.’
- ‘If the infection spreads to one or more compartments in the lung it is called lobar pneumonia.’
- ‘After close inspection, it was seen that the bronchus to the left lower lobe was totally transected and the lobe hung on the lobar vessels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.