One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He gave her a look that was mostly apologetic, despite his continuing awareness that she was loathsomely evil and contaminating him with every moment they remained in the room together.’
- ‘Right away we're tipped off to some of the film's more loathsomely precious qualities when we see that Evie works at a Kiddie Acres theme park, serving hot dogs while dressed in a giant bunny suit.’
- ‘It was draped loathsomely in ragged finery, now soiled with blood and gore that blackened slowly in the heat that enfolded it.’
- ‘Why do most of Haggis's characters act as loathsomely as they do?’
- ‘Without bothering to listen to whatever pathetic excuse he had conjured up, I marched right up to Emily, who was simpering and smirking as if she had somehow managed to win whatever war that was between us, and glared at her loathsomely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.