One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, deep dish or pan for baking bread, cake, etc.‘spoon the batter into two greased and floured loaf pans’
- ‘Divide evenly into the two loaf pans and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.’
- ‘I baked the batter in a loaf pan with the crumb topping to take with us on a recent beach trip.’
- ‘I use a gas oven and loaf pans made of black steel, as these take and retain the heat much better than tins.’
- ‘In a loaf pan I think the meat just sits in the fat while cooking.’
- ‘I also made the cakes pretty small because I don't own regular-sized loaf pans.’
- ‘Any extra dough can be baked in a loaf pan or muffin pans.’
- ‘I made this as the recipe suggests, but a smaller version, using mini ice cream sandwiches, layered in a loaf pan.’
- ‘Many gluten-free bread recipes call for the bread to be baked in a loaf pan because of that batter-like consistency, she adds.’
- ‘I don't recall where we got our loaf pan, but it's pretty old.’
- ‘I had been accustomed to using a loaf pan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.