One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Plimsoll line
- ‘The convention provides for the utilization of load lines on the sides of ships.’
- ‘Checking regulations are not uniform, and can range from checking flags and safety radios to load lines showing how deep in the water a ship may sit without being overloaded.’
- ‘Elected to Parliament for Derby in 1868, he proposed a compulsory load line to prevent shipping accidents and obtained a royal commission on the subject in 1873.’
- ‘The dignitaries at the Stuart presentation were told that she was the first warship in the world to carry a ‘load line’ on her hull.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.