One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fish of lizardlike appearance with a broad bony head, pointed snout, and heavy shiny scales. It lives in warm shallow seas, where it often rests on the bottom propped up on its pelvic fins.See also snakefish
- ‘Fishy attractions include huge scorpionfish, lionfish, lots of lizardfish, triggerfish and surgeons and many different wrasse varieties.’
- ‘This went much the same producing loads of yellowfin croaker, grunts, sea breams and weird looking lizardfish that were well named.’
- ‘The hull was covered in green algae in which pairs of brown lizardfish lurked.’
- ‘I particularly enjoy seeing how close I can get to the almost invisible lizardfish before they take off!’
- ‘This consists of killifishes, herrings, sardines, gobies, silversides, anchovies small mullets, and lizardfishes to name a few.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.