One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Southside gang leader was yelling lividly at the leader of the Westside gang, and forks were beginning to fly.’
- ‘Gemma was still frozen in place when Jack, slightly disheveled but wide awake and lividly angry, came to her side.’
- ‘His acquaintance hissed lividly at the sound of Birdie's surname.’
- ‘Each scene is topped by a glossy, cloudless, lividly colored sky.’
- ‘I was satisfied by the finger marks on Matt's face, the scratches where my nails had ripped into his skin, leaving tiny beads and thin trails of blood that glowed lividly on his bruised face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.