One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a couple not married to each other) share a home and have a sexual relationship.
- ‘The couple had been living together for three years and were planning to buy a house.’
- ‘They'd known each other their entire lives, and living together was a natural progression for them.’
- ‘The couple was living together and the girl wanted to continue the relationship.’
- ‘The couple were unmarried and lived together for nineteen years.’
- ‘The couple had lived together for only ten days and were planning to get married.’
- ‘It's really important that couples living together get the legal protection they need.’
- ‘Your relationship changed quite drastically when you started living together.’
- ‘In England and Wales over two million couples currently live together without being married.’
- ‘At one time, a couple living together without being married was regarded as shameful.’
- ‘They were seen together so often in New York that close friends considered them a couple, though they never lived together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.