Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting or relating to property that combines residential living space with commercial or manufacturing space.‘housing on the site might include live-work units for small businesses’
- ‘Half of the 12 studios are set up as dual live-work spaces, and Thompson said that all of them have been promised, primarily to painters like himself.’
- ‘We took the groups through a series of presentations which showed by the use of good design how the live-work concept can be fulfilled.’
- ‘Before the Lamonts could begin turning it into a live-work space, there was the task of "strapping the building back together".’
- ‘This live-work project was instigated by Coastcare, as part of a coastal project involving Sunset Beach coast and City of Geraldton.’
- ‘This monstrosity, completely out of context with existing development in the neighborhood, will be accessible only to the wealthy, forcing thousands of average Williamsburgers from their homes and live-work spaces!’
- ‘Many small businesses start at home in live-work space, which is generally not permitted by municipal zoning (as many artists know).’
- ‘The 23-acre Richmond project envisions live-work lofts and high tech offices.’
- ‘He said the proposal is to build 74 live work units at the former Lucent site on the Swindon Road, near Malmesbury.’
- ‘For those who have heard (or read) his complaints about the "illegal use of live-work lofts," this was quite a note of hypocrisy.’
- ‘In May of this year, Santa Monica had 156 live-work studios.’
- ‘The dot-com era in San Francisco provoked responses from the activist community over live-work lofts, illegal evictions, and the displacement of working people and artists from their traditional communities.’
- ‘His son, Louis, 4, plays in a roof garden above their live-work property in Hackney.’
- ‘We followed this up with a presentation from our architect who said the live work units are not going to become residential houses.’
- ‘He is having conversations with future tenants of the building's spaces, including a pair of live-work apartments and a cafe.’
- ‘There will also be live-work units and bed-sit accommodation.’
- ‘Recommendations include linking two local assets, bioscience and agriculture; creating more space for the arts; and working with developers to produce live-work neighborhoods.’
- ‘And it provides extra live-work space in the form of a workshop and large office, as well as having been transformed into a handsome house and gallery.’
- ‘In the Grand Oaks area, they wanted to explore a mixed-use project — either a residential village or commercial and live-work emphasis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.