One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who drops litter in a public place.‘the litter wardens will be on full alert and litterers will be named and shamed’
- ‘After a while, I noticed some DD batteries (the big fat ones) rolling around the floor of the carriage, and an old man next to me picked one up, grumbling about careless litterers.’
- ‘The council has warned all fly-tippers they risk prosecution - along with other ‘environmental criminals’ like fly-posters and litterers.’
- ‘A spokesman said: ‘If residents are found guilty in the local court, then the council will consider naming and shaming these people in the local newspaper as a deterrent to other dog walkers or litterers.’’
- ‘I commend the technique since the litterers are unlikely to read this and reform their ways.’
- ‘The litter wardens will be on full alert and litterers will be named and shamed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.