One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A box or tray containing granular absorbent material into which a cat can urinate or defecate.
- ‘First prepare a safe room for your cat, complete with a litter box, food, water, some toys, and a dog-proof baby gate across the doorway.’
- ‘The litter box should be emptied every day, because the stage of the parasite shed in the cat's feces does not become infectious for 24 hours.’
- ‘The litter box is the first thing you should check.’
- ‘I like the fact that with a cat you have a litter box.’
- ‘While fully appreciating all the dangers of identity theft, I'd almost rather clean the litter box than shred documents.’
- ‘Mother cats teach their kittens to use the litter box.’
- ‘Empty the litter box, line it with a garbage bag and either leave it that way or put in a little aquarium gravel.’
- ‘Place the litter box in an easily accessible spot.’
- ‘‘The number one reason seems to be that they don't consistently use the litter box,’ she says.’
- ‘But some carrots tops and fresh litter in the litter box and all is forgiven for the moment.’
- ‘It's a self-cleaning, electric litter box, but nothing is quite so satisfying as having a human doing the scooping for you.’
- ‘It was at least eight shades lighter than his real hair, and it looked like it'd spent several months in storage at the bottom of a kitty litter box.’
- ‘My parent's cat poops on the carpet when she's unhappy - whether it be with the state of her litter box or the fact that they just left her alone for the weekend.’
- ‘Wash your hands after cleaning your cat's litter box.’
- ‘Keep your child's outdoor sandbox covered, especially overnight, to prevent wandering cats from using it as a litter box.’
- ‘I'd like to have one of those here because it could clean the litter box for Spike and we'd never have to do it.’
- ‘I don't recommend flushing anything you find in the litter box, especially if you have one of the low-water-flow toilets.’
- ‘I find that it clumps well enough that cleaning the litter box is actually less of a hassle now than it used to be.’
- ‘I carried the electric litter box out to the garage and set to work in the bathroom with Clorox wipes and paper towels.’
- ‘Stay tuned for more exciting truths about cats and dogs, such as the shocking reality behind hairball consumption and what really goes on in the litter box!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.