One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rigid outer part of the earth, consisting of the crust and upper mantle.
- ‘An alternative to an active mantle thermal anomaly is greater stretching of the mantle lithosphere than the crust.’
- ‘We attribute base level changes to the influence of the proto-Iceland mantle plume beneath the lithosphere, providing support until continental break-up west of the Faroe Islands.’
- ‘This allows us to place much tighter constraints on the tectonic and thermal evolution of the lithosphere during late orogenic extension than has previously been possible.’
- ‘After new oceanic crust forms, the lithosphere cools and thickens as it moves away from the ocean ridge.’
- ‘At the same time, material that was eroded must be deposited offshore, amplifying the downward load where Mesozoic extension had already thinned the crust and weakened the lithosphere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.