Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The study of the general physical characteristics of rocks.Compare with petrology
- 1.1The general physical characteristics of a rock or the rocks in a particular area.‘the lithology of South Dakota’
- ‘Several factors have been suggested to influence the displacement/length ratios of faults, including fault geometry, lithology, fault interaction, and the spatial and temporal distribution of strain.’
- ‘The volume, distribution and lithology of this volcanism, however, shows considerable differences between the two areas.’
- ‘The host lithology consists of bioclastic silt and siliciclastic sand, characteristic of deposition in a biostrome flank setting.’
- ‘Johnson, in 1953, studied its lithology and stratigraphy, and in 1958, its paleontological features.’
- ‘Layers 2 and 3 are commonly subdivided in terms of the details of lithology and physical properties.’
- 1.1The general physical characteristics of a rock or the rocks in a particular area.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.