One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is based on lithological variations in lacustrine rocks from eastern China, but there is a large degree of uncertainty with this hypothesis.’
- ‘This unit, which has previously been described as a sedimentary package, presumably because intense weathering has obscured the primary lithological fabric in key outcrops, is considered to mark the volcanic waning phase.’
- ‘Two informal lithological units have been distinguished: a lower Terrigenous member and an upper Oolite member.’
- ‘We infer that this fluting represents a lithological unit, perhaps a lava flow, within the flanks of the edifice.’
- ‘In stratigraphic intervals with mixed lithologies it is necessary to separate the data into consistent lithological units, which can then be compared against an appropriate compaction trend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.