One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The result is a sense of the literariness of French.’
- ‘Let me now assuage the fear of theory by pointing out that there are theories which actually threaten or ignore the literariness of literature.’
- ‘The counterpart of a culture's national individuality in its literature is originality, the definitive marker of literariness.’
- ‘This displacement seems also to occur in this discussion, were it not for the fact that its theoretical insights respond to the novel's complex negotiation of literariness.’
- ‘In fact, though, the novel's real interest is in its own literariness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.