One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The counterpart of a culture's national individuality in its literature is originality, the definitive marker of literariness.’
- ‘In fact, though, the novel's real interest is in its own literariness.’
- ‘This displacement seems also to occur in this discussion, were it not for the fact that its theoretical insights respond to the novel's complex negotiation of literariness.’
- ‘The result is a sense of the literariness of French.’
- ‘Let me now assuage the fear of theory by pointing out that there are theories which actually threaten or ignore the literariness of literature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.