One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the time being, that literality faces a major scientific challenge.’
- ‘Therefore, in Rembrandt's reasoning, a gardener was required and he, in his humble literality, painted Jesus as a gardener, with a spade in hand and a pruning knife in his belt.’
- ‘The fundamental theorem of calculus becomes almost obvious once the nonstandard terminology is invoked and interpreted in its full literality.’
- ‘Close-cropping and the primacy of grisaille - composed of complex black, luminous gray and iridescent white - keep the paintings away from the literality of seascape and any hint of tonal lyricism.’
- ‘In so doing, he invents another type of representation which robs, disembodies, and finally perhaps brings the body back to its literality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.