One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘And the statement will have the supple lissomeness of a symphony, the spectacularly thrilling zing of a double-somersault and the finality of a graceful landing,’ he concluded on the triumphant note of a gymnastics commentator.’
- ‘The lissomeness with which he moved hither and thither was most impressive, as was his homicidal ardor when doing what I believe is called tackling.’
- ‘His feline lissomeness, soft landings and use of plié were at times astonishing.’
- ‘It was personality made specific in sound, and the music had a lissomeness and fluidity that jazz has mostly lost.’
- ‘Women, who just the other day were a symbol of easy lissomeness, now look like models for a new breed of pumpkin, and men passed and stressed out as if they had been asked to work overtime for gratis lifelong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.