One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of soluble proteins that combine with and transport fat or other lipids in the blood plasma.
- ‘Too much blood sugar may also alter the protein in low-density lipoproteins, or LDL.’
- ‘The in vitro and in vivo experiments showed that free cholesterol and phospholipids were transferred from lipid emulsion to plasma lipoproteins independently from each other.’
- ‘Also shown are the key enzymes, receptors, transfer proteins, and lipoproteins participating in cholesterol synthesis, transport, and degradation.’
- ‘It seems that a fundamental similarity and parallel exists between the aggregation of lipoproteins and amyloid proteins.’
- ‘An important aspect in this approach is that amphiphile transfer between the protein and the lipoproteins should not be a second order process involving a lipoprotein-protein complex as intermediate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.