One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The metabolic formation of fat.
- ‘Numerous factors, including regulation of lipogenesis, genetics, age, nutrition, management, and environment, affect rate of marbling deposition.’
- ‘When lipolysis outraces lipogenesis and releases fatty acids into the blood, they diffuse into all cells of the body to be used as fuel.’
- ‘In addition to its role in regulating glucose metabolism, insulin stimulates lipogenesis, diminishes lipolysis, and increases amino acid transport into cells.’
- ‘In other words, it's the chief gatekeeper for stimulating lipolysis and slowing lipogenesis.’
- ‘Changes in body composition can be mediated through behavioral processes such as diet selection, and physiological processes such as hyperphagia, lipogenesis, and muscle hypertrophy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.