The metabolic formation of fat.
- ‘When lipolysis outraces lipogenesis and releases fatty acids into the blood, they diffuse into all cells of the body to be used as fuel.’
- ‘In other words, it's the chief gatekeeper for stimulating lipolysis and slowing lipogenesis.’
- ‘Numerous factors, including regulation of lipogenesis, genetics, age, nutrition, management, and environment, affect rate of marbling deposition.’
- ‘Changes in body composition can be mediated through behavioral processes such as diet selection, and physiological processes such as hyperphagia, lipogenesis, and muscle hypertrophy.’
- ‘In addition to its role in regulating glucose metabolism, insulin stimulates lipogenesis, diminishes lipolysis, and increases amino acid transport into cells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.