Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A metabolic disease in which fat distribution in the body becomes abnormal, often as a result of taking protease inhibitor drugs. Fat is lost from the face, arms, and legs, and is built up in other places, especially the breasts, abdomen, and back of the neck.
- ‘The main clinical features of the lipodystrophy syndrome are peripheral fat loss, central fat accumulation and metabolic abnormalities which lead to lactoacidosis.’
- ‘Such findings may have relevance for the common insulin resistance syndrome and for acquired lipodystrophy syndromes.’
- ‘Various definitions of the lipodystrophy syndrome exist and different diagnostic tools are used.’
- ‘This article will review the basic information that is leading scientists and researchers to suspect mitochondrial toxicity as a factor in lipodystrophy syndrome.’
- ‘The evolution of the individual clinical components of the lipodystrophy syndrome is variable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.