One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical removal of fatty tissue, especially from the abdomen in obese people.
- ‘Belt lipectomy ordinarily would not need to be repeated unless the patient had some very significant change in their weight following the procedure.’
- ‘Many of these patients will also need procedures on the arms, inner thighs, breasts, and back in addition to the belt lipectomy.’
- ‘Liposuction-assisted lipectomy, usually performed by a subspecialist, can be successful in removing even large lipomas with minimal scarring.’
- ‘However, even the surgical approach can be challenging, and may require tracheostomy with cervical lipectomy to overcome the technical barriers.’
- ‘Suction lipectomy is a form of plastic surgery in which an attempt is made to improve the contours of the body by removing fat through suction.’
1990s: from lipo- + -ectomy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.