One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A worldwide charitable society devoted to social and international service, taking its membership primarily from business and professional groups.
- ‘He emerged with a goofy smile, as he had traveled to 1967, riding to a Lions Club meeting in his Cadillac.’
- ‘Unearth some treasure on the Kendal Lions Club Easter Treasure Hunt which runs until Saturday.’
- ‘Apart from Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs and The Freemasons, Community Associations may have all the answers.’
- ‘Support is welcomed for the sale of Christmas Trees by Laois Hospice and Portlaoise Lions Club which is being held at the Malda Hall, Portlaoise.’
- ‘He was the President of the Wishing Well Lions Club of Scarborough from 1997 -'98.’
- ‘The Westport Lions Club will hold their annual ‘Fish Night’ on Friday, February 16 th., in Hotel Westport.’
- ‘A good relationship was forged and support given to form a Lions Club onboard.’
- ‘A meeting of the Claremorris Lions Club will be held in the Dalton Inn Hotel on Thursday Night November 30th at 9pm.’
- ‘Hundreds of parents, children and Bradford on Avon residents poured into the school grounds for the event and enjoyed displays of maypole dancing, a Lions Club princess competition and singing by the Christ Church school choir.’
- ‘The Lions Club annual Christmas party will be held in the Rugby Club on Wednesday, December 11.’
- ‘Assisted by the Cambridge Lions Club and the EL Model Steam Engine Society, the race will start at the War Memorial at the top of Oxford Street and leaves at 9am on Sunday, November 27.’
- ‘Each participant received a certificate of participation and a voucher while Eleanor also received a Lions Club Youth awards trophy.’
- ‘The judges are the four Presidents of the Lions Clubs in Ballina, Castlebar, Westport and Sligo.’
- ‘He is President of The Lions Club in Galway and is also a keen golfer.’
- ‘The paper gives most of the space above the fold to a five-column colour photo of a Lions Club wine tasting.’
- ‘Admission to this Lions Club Country fundraiser at Crotty's is €15.’
- ‘He has won the Carlow Lions Club Youth Award for 2000.’
- ‘This race will be in aid of the Lions Club Christmas Appeal.’
- ‘As well, crew members of HMAS Westralia traded their sea legs for pedal power as part of a Lions Club initiative to help raise funds for the community and in particular, the Malibu School.’
- ‘He hinted at the possibility after addressing a Lions Club luncheon yesterday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.