One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Swedish botanist Carolus Linnaeus or his modern system of botany and zoology.‘the Linnaean classification of plants and animals’
- ‘This correspondence between the Linnaean hierarchy and life's evolutionary tree achieves its clearest expression in pictorial form.’
- ‘This system no longer uses Linnean ranks.’
- ‘In the Linnaean taxonomy, everything is, to begin with, a member of a kingdom.’
- ‘Their collections followed the Linnaean binomial naming system.’
An adherent of the modern system of botany and zoology developed by the Swedish botanist Carolus Linnaeus.‘we dedicated Linnaeans continue separating the specimens of our analysis’
- ‘For those determined Linneans out there, this academy of sciences maintains a Linnean scheme at Classification of the Extant Echinodermata.’
- ‘Linneans are encouraged to take a deep breath, remember that these snakes are harmless and timid, and contact me right away.’
- ‘Many modern scientists are de facto Linnaeans.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.