One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Level or undulating sandy ground covered by coarse grass and near the sea.
- ‘Perched on true linksland a hundred feet above the Pacific, Bandon Dunes and its sister, Pacific Dunes, captured our Best New honors in '99 and '01.’
- ‘It plays slightly uphill over what closely resembles knobby linksland with its strategic array of Scottish bunkers, some visible, some not.’
- ‘The best linksland, by contrast, is sand-based with towering dunes and endless slopes.’
- ‘Shaped by one of the few men to be trusted with the last precious piece of bona fide linksland in Scotland, it is truly beautiful.’
- ‘There may not be many reasons to leave the highway, but, not unlike the image of the beaver on the reverse side of the state flag, Oregon's linksland is a surprise worth discovering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.