One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of web pages created with the sole aim of linking to a target page, in an attempt to improve that page's search engine ranking.‘when soliciting inbound links to your site, avoid link farms and other sites that have obvious artificial links’
- ‘I've made some changes to the back end of the link farm.’
- ‘The new breed of link farm seems to prosper with nary a cross-link.’
- ‘Therefore if they identify a particular link farm, all they have to do is ban it and there goes all your links.’
- ‘Conversely, the search engines would blacklist any 'link farm' if they ever find out.’
- ‘That's something to think about when you consider linking to a free-for-all site or a link farm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.