One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The analysis of a person's speech or writing, especially to assist in identifying or characterizing an individual or particular subgroup.‘linguistic profiling revealed that the bomber was probably an uneducated Southerner’
- ‘His recent work includes research involving linguistic profiling and prejudice, which he will be speaking on during the conference.’
- ‘‘The linguistic profiling that is taking place does have direct educational consequences for the child,’ he adds - consequences that can affect their ability to later compete in the job market.’
- ‘Studies of linguistic profiling began as the auditory equivalent of racial profiling.’
- ‘Many of the civil cases dealing with linguistic profiling have settled out of court.’
- ‘‘One thing I didn't expect when I started this,’ he says, ‘is that linguistic profiling affects the deaf, and it extends to sexual orientation as well.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.