A large slender greenling that has large teeth and is greenish-brown with golden spots. It lives along the Pacific coast of North America, where it is a valuable commercial and sport fish.
- ‘Adult mail lingcod tend to be smaller than adult females; many of the larger lingcod are typically females.’
- ‘He poses next to his world record lingcod caught Friday about 80 miles south of Ninilchik.’
- ‘A 60 pound lingcod was caught off the dock by a little boy trying to catch bullhead.’
- ‘Close to 20% of the lingcod sold in the U.S. is imported from Canada; the rest comes from U.S. fisheries.’
- ‘Despite the implications of its name, the lingcod does not belong to the cod family.’