One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drawings or designs carried out with a pen or pencil.
- ‘Her line work is enriched by the wetness of the mud, which is applied with sensitivity and refinement.’
- ‘Her background as a medical photographer led to her experiment with lithography film, most often used to shoot text and line work.’
- ‘I suggested fish, shells, flowers and other objects that had enough line work to use the wax as a way to delineate different areas.’
- ‘Visually, his art is specifically stylized, with thin line work and meticulous attention to detail.’
- ‘Some artists do line work well, some do color well, some do fill well.’
- ‘His line work is expressive and spare, almost ecstatically austere: He can suggest a coat or a tree - the light on an object and the weight of it - with a few judicious, scraggly lines.’
- ‘Use the fine black permanent marker to do the line work.’
- ‘Drawn pages were on display as artworks, in their original size so that one could get up close and examine the often bewilderingly intricate line work.’
- ‘For projects that require a sketch quality, he does all of the line work in pencil.’
- ‘The print seems a little light, sometimes blurring the delicate, almost perforated line work.’
- ‘He elevates anime to the realm of high art, expressing heavy psychological and sociological themes through creative line work and animation.’
- ‘While I like the simplified line work used for the series, the animation tends to drift between thriftiness and sloppy.’
- ‘Details are achieved by applying either direct line work with the conte or ebony pencil, and little or no turpenoid to diffuse it.’
- ‘The primary technique of chemical etching will be used to create line work and aquatint effects, in addition to various drypoint options.’
- ‘I was consuming a lot of - nothing modern, but I was really obsessed with the line work and the drawings of, say, from Lautrec, to Matisse drawings, Renoir drawings.’
- ‘She seemed to know exactly what colours and line work the portrait needed to really express what had been going on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.