One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of lines in printed or written matter, especially when used to calculate payment.
- ‘Not only had circulation increased throughout the Deseret News's disastrous go-for-broke circulation campaign of 1947-52, but so had advertising linage and revenues.’
- ‘Mr Boland told the members that 70 per cent of the linage had been completed to date.’
- ‘Ad linage dropped last year, as it did for most publications.’
- ‘It was not the linage alone, but the contextualising of the image within a song or story that gave an image its meaning.’
- ‘The 753,116 column inches of display advertising the Post amounts to just 45% of the linage of the Daily News and 18% of Newsday's, the metro area's third major tabloid, according to the analyst.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.