One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edition of a book, or reproduction of a print or object, limited to a specific number of copies.
- ‘Now that Rice has made the leap into limited-edition prints, her next goal is to have her work included in a major museum collection.’
- ‘It was a smart move, since soon thereafter the limited-edition print market took off.’
- ‘Hence, quality reproductions, like a limited-edition print featuring wine, have become a pursuit and prized possession of many.’
- ‘In My Life brings together 13 signed limited-edition prints, together with a portfolio of the iconic characters created by the pastel artist from Birmingham.’
- ‘The Greenwich Workshop arranged for a signed limited-edition print by Bean to be framed.’
- ‘An original Copy of the limited-edition book, of which only 1,500 were printed and signed by Wood, is also on display.’
- ‘A set of luxury eye pillows, you're own personalised sundial, this beautiful porcelain butter hutch, and a limited-edition model of Atlantis’
- ‘The gallery's policy is to present affordable, original, contemporary art and limited-edition prints, jewellery and items of interest to people in York.’
- ‘Each limited-edition print is hand-numbered, estate sealed and comes with a certificate of authenticity.’
- ‘Habitat for Humanity has also decided to do a limited-edition print of the work, and Eva has donated all copy rights and sales proceeds to benefit the charity.’
- ‘Although she has exhibited her originals and limited-edition prints at art shows for years, she decided to give licensing a try.’
- ‘The limited-edition print market is at the other end of the price spectrum.’
- ‘There is much to recommend this limited-edition book (only one thousand copies were printed).’
- ‘The club had sensed it would be successful when a limited-edition cricket print sent to Sir Don Bradman in the hope that he would sign it bore fruit.’
- ‘Kolibri developed a limited-edition print on canvas for the first four of these originals.’
- ‘Each displayed a mixture of limited-edition prints and originals.’
- ‘On a freezing January afternoon they are holed up in a recording studio in the suburbs of Nantes, France, where they are recording a limited-edition single for a French label.’
- ‘The design now adorns embroidered bags, swimsuits, shoes and even a limited-edition diamond watch, available from next month.’
- ‘Titled ‘The Gray Fox,’ it is scheduled for release this month as a limited-edition print on paper and next month on canvas.’
- ‘Our hand-embellished, limited-edition reproduction prints of old engravings are beautiful and unique.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.