One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A direction given to a broker to buy or sell a security or commodity at a specified price or better.‘the exchange unveiled a computer-driven system that executes limit orders in seconds’
- ‘Try using limit orders to buy within the spread to reduce this instant hit to your wealth.’
- ‘A reliable broker who can place a limit order using a limit price on the spread should enter this order.’
- ‘Prior to the rules, market makers could let customer limit orders priced between their quotes simply sit in their books.’
- ‘Limit orders have the advantage of limiting a loss or minimising a profit that investors want in a share.’
- ‘Typically, the commissions are cheaper for market orders than for limit orders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.