One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These barriers, located in the near environment, sometimes unknowingly accepted by us and often tacitly deployed through routine decisions and judgments, persist as a vestige of our liminality…’
- ‘He gives the example of initiation into adulthood as a period of liminality in Ndembu society, when the norms of everyday life no longer pertain.’
- ‘In the context of ongoing explorations of notions of liminality, hybridity, and social agency in postcolonial modernity, a figure like Crowther permits us to ask questions such as these.’
- ‘Pertaining to baroque poetics and a major feature of perception is Iago's strategy of liminality, by which he conducts his victim to the door of perception, whether visual or verbal.’
- ‘Despite notable differences within the sample, participants shared legal liminality, a racialized national identity as Mexican immigrant women, and marginal economic positions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.