One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In great quantities.‘George was spending money like water’
- ‘However, many people, especially the wealthy classes, spend money like water.’
- ‘The richest traders of the city gathered at Kaiser Park, and liquor and money flowed like water.’
- ‘Remember when he spoke of guns and ammunition entering this country like water?’
- ‘Every time I ask for money social services say we're looking after the money because I spend it like water.’
- ‘Dump the currency restrictions and let capital flow in and out of this country like water.’
- ‘Still, it seeps in like water and before you know it you are drowning.’
- ‘We were in Chinatown with a group of acquaintances and the warm Sake was flowing like water.’
- ‘The town's bars, shops and eating places were packed all day and money was flowing like water.’
- ‘If spending money like water was the answer to our country's problems, we would have no problems now.’
- ‘The real show takes place in the Festhallen, wherein the beer runs like water and tastes like the nectar of the gods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.