One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In great quantities.‘George was spending money like water’
- ‘However, many people, especially the wealthy classes, spend money like water.’
- ‘If spending money like water was the answer to our country's problems, we would have no problems now.’
- ‘The town's bars, shops and eating places were packed all day and money was flowing like water.’
- ‘The richest traders of the city gathered at Kaiser Park, and liquor and money flowed like water.’
- ‘Dump the currency restrictions and let capital flow in and out of this country like water.’
- ‘Remember when he spoke of guns and ammunition entering this country like water?’
- ‘Still, it seeps in like water and before you know it you are drowning.’
- ‘We were in Chinatown with a group of acquaintances and the warm Sake was flowing like water.’
- ‘The real show takes place in the Festhallen, wherein the beer runs like water and tastes like the nectar of the gods.’
- ‘Every time I ask for money social services say we're looking after the money because I spend it like water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.