One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So similar as to be indistinguishable or nearly so.
corresponding, equivalent, parallel, analogous, coordinating, complementing, complementary, harmonizing, blending, toning, harmonious, the same, paired, twin, coupled, double, duplicate, identical, of a piece, all of a piece, like, like peas in a pod, like two peas in a pod, alike, comparable, similar, correlative, congruent, tallying, agreeing, concordant, consonantView synonyms
- ‘Were like two peas in a pod, conjoined at the hip or even mind.’
- ‘However, they were as close as two peas in a pod since meeting on the first day of orientation last year.’
- ‘She and I are two peas in a pod and are working on an official dance when someone buys binoculars at our booth.’
- ‘Despite their differences, they both went together like two peas in a pod.’
- ‘I once read somewhere that it's really unusual for kitties to get along well with one another, but these guys are like two peas in a pod!’
- ‘People said that they were like two peas in a pod - and they sure were.’
- ‘Ben's eyes were more of a sky blue and he was more heavily built than Zack but the brothers were like two peas in a pod.’
- ‘Of course, our mothers got along fantastically; they were two peas in a pod.’
- ‘Japanese consumers no longer want to look like and shop like peas in a pod.’
- ‘Alyssa and Adrian are so close they're like two peas in a pod.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.