One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Italian coastal region of Liguria or its inhabitants.‘the picturesque Ligurian port city’
- ‘Its most highly regarded wine is produced to serve the fish restaurants of Genoa and the Ligurian coast not far to the south.’
- ‘A quarter of a century passed before renaissance ideas finally took root, with the arrival of Dutch and Ligurian potters.’
- ‘Ligurian gnocchi might not be the simplest, quickest pasta shape to make, but they certainly are among the loveliest to eat.’
A native or inhabitant of the Italian coastal region of Liguria.‘the coastal road used by the Ligurians’
- ‘The Ligurians settled along the Mediterranean coast, from Spain to Italy, before the age of the Roman Empire.’
- ‘Tea with a slice of lemon, a slab of reheated focaccia, and the company of four good Ligurians: who needs cocktails and celebrities?’
- ‘The Ligurians occupied a strip of coast stretching from the Arno to the Rhine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.