One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Italian coastal region of Liguria or its inhabitants.‘the picturesque Ligurian port city’
- ‘A quarter of a century passed before renaissance ideas finally took root, with the arrival of Dutch and Ligurian potters.’
- ‘Its most highly regarded wine is produced to serve the fish restaurants of Genoa and the Ligurian coast not far to the south.’
- ‘Ligurian gnocchi might not be the simplest, quickest pasta shape to make, but they certainly are among the loveliest to eat.’
A native or inhabitant of the Italian coastal region of Liguria.‘the coastal road used by the Ligurians’
- ‘Tea with a slice of lemon, a slab of reheated focaccia, and the company of four good Ligurians: who needs cocktails and celebrities?’
- ‘The Ligurians occupied a strip of coast stretching from the Arno to the Rhine.’
- ‘The Ligurians settled along the Mediterranean coast, from Spain to Italy, before the age of the Roman Empire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.