One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to block out light completely.
- ‘By placing the camera inside our lightproof box we can take a picture of the image being projected onto the back wall of our pinhole camera.’
- ‘Prepare and store stock solution in a lightproof bottle.’
- ‘The film will obviously come in a lightproof bag, but I am going to need that to hold onto the original film that is not shot yet.’
- ‘Accordingly, in the present invention, the size of the lightproof box is fixed in order to solve the problem.’
- ‘On my darkroom door I hung up a lightproof curtain on a wire about 20 cm above the door, so that it goes well beyond the dimensions of the door at the top and at the sides.’
- ‘Its high-density lightproof covering yields an essential improvement of the sound quality.’
- ‘I was just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas for making the intakes lightproof without [too much] air resistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.