One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to block out light completely.
- ‘Prepare and store stock solution in a lightproof bottle.’
- ‘On my darkroom door I hung up a lightproof curtain on a wire about 20 cm above the door, so that it goes well beyond the dimensions of the door at the top and at the sides.’
- ‘Its high-density lightproof covering yields an essential improvement of the sound quality.’
- ‘I was just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas for making the intakes lightproof without [too much] air resistance.’
- ‘By placing the camera inside our lightproof box we can take a picture of the image being projected onto the back wall of our pinhole camera.’
- ‘The film will obviously come in a lightproof bag, but I am going to need that to hold onto the original film that is not shot yet.’
- ‘Accordingly, in the present invention, the size of the lightproof box is fixed in order to solve the problem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.