One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for firefly
- ‘I've thought that fire ants had killed off most of the lightning bugs like they have the horned toads.’
- ‘The favorite ‘hangouts’ of lightning bugs are east of the Rocky Mountains and away from city lights.’
- ‘Fireflies and lightning bugs are neither flies nor bugs, but beetles.’
- ‘My God, she wants to catch lightning bugs and I can't bend the rules for 15 minutes?’
- ‘This is a rare phenomenon in which the lightning bugs in an area flash in unison.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.