One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He described him as a black male wearing black combat trousers and a lightish or light grey vest.’
- ‘The cello is painted a warm, lightish brown, with rippling reflections that show off its highly polished surface.’
- ‘They found Alba apparently variable; in mid-January it was sometimes lightish from midday to evening.’
- ‘They are small (not bigger than 0.5 cm or 1/5 in), have lightish brown legs, and a round, hard, shiny reddish-brownish shell.’
- ‘For the goggles, I was looking at a green camouflage colour, lightish, around the $100 mark.’
- ‘It's a good place to take someone you are trying to impress, especially for lightish food.’
- ‘But if you are going to float-fish using a lightish rod and centrepin you will in most instances be restricted to marginal swims.’
- ‘In addition to the eggs, he puts in a little flour, some milk or a little water, and makes a lightish sort of batter.’
- ‘Transfixed by a sports agenda of lightish news, the BBC failed to see the real story.’
- ‘It's a lightish drinking wine and a good Pinot for the money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.