Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A weight in amateur boxing ranging from 148 to 156 pounds (67 to 71 kg)
- ‘He scored a unanimous decision to win the World Boxing Association light middleweight title Saturday.’
- ‘He initially won the IBF's welterweight title in 1993 then added the WBA's light middleweight crown in 2000.’
- ‘I really would love to fight at light middleweight and I know I could make the weight as well.’
- ‘Unfortunately, an excellent light middleweight contest was brought to a premature end following an arm injury.’
- ‘He exploded out of the shadows at light middleweight and put on a southpaw masterclass.’
- 1.1A light middleweight boxer.
- ‘De la Hoya and Trinidad had beaten top light middleweights and won titles at middleweight when they faced Hopkins.’
- ‘On February 25th, live from the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Ferocious Fernando Vargas will ‘touch gloves’ with Sugar Shane Mosley in an exciting match-up between the two most high profile light middleweights in the world!’
- ‘Michael Soberanis of San Antonio meets Lee Montoya of Albuquerque, N.M., in a battle of light middleweights.’
- ‘But the Newbridge southpaw has no doubt he will emerge victorious, secure his place among the finest light middleweights in boxing history and then go hunting the likes of Bernard Hopkins at light heavy.’
- ‘It's not easy to get me fights with light middleweights as they ask for a lot of money because they know that they will be in for a tough night against me.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.