One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A weight in amateur boxing ranging from 148 to 156 pounds (67 to 71 kg)
- ‘I really would love to fight at light middleweight and I know I could make the weight as well.’
- ‘He initially won the IBF's welterweight title in 1993 then added the WBA's light middleweight crown in 2000.’
- ‘Unfortunately, an excellent light middleweight contest was brought to a premature end following an arm injury.’
- ‘He exploded out of the shadows at light middleweight and put on a southpaw masterclass.’
- ‘He scored a unanimous decision to win the World Boxing Association light middleweight title Saturday.’
- 1.1 A light middleweight boxer.
- ‘On February 25th, live from the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Ferocious Fernando Vargas will ‘touch gloves’ with Sugar Shane Mosley in an exciting match-up between the two most high profile light middleweights in the world!’
- ‘De la Hoya and Trinidad had beaten top light middleweights and won titles at middleweight when they faced Hopkins.’
- ‘But the Newbridge southpaw has no doubt he will emerge victorious, secure his place among the finest light middleweights in boxing history and then go hunting the likes of Bernard Hopkins at light heavy.’
- ‘It's not easy to get me fights with light middleweights as they ask for a lot of money because they know that they will be in for a tough night against me.’
- ‘Michael Soberanis of San Antonio meets Lee Montoya of Albuquerque, N.M., in a battle of light middleweights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.