One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the intensity of light, used chiefly to show the correct exposure when taking a photograph.Also called exposure meter
- ‘You can measure illuminance using a light meter located on the work surface where tasks are performed.’
- ‘In the video I will walk you through the steps of setting up a light meter and calibrating it to your camcorder.’
- ‘Now you're ready to look at light meters, lenses, image stabilization, autofocus, and flash.’
- ‘When scouting locations prior to production, a light meter allows you to determine the amount of light available at any given time.’
- ‘Most modern cameras have an in-camera light meter which will give an ideal exposure when the meter reads zero.’
- ‘This tutorial is intended to explain what an incident light meter is and why you would want to use one.’
- ‘A hand-held light meter would calculate the same exposure for any object under the same incident lighting.’
- ‘This article explores the possibility of using a low cost photographic light meter for photometric purposes.’
- ‘Exposure meters, or light meters, are light sensing devices that are good at doing what the human eye can't - quantifying light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.